How often should you clean your gutters? If you live in an area that experiences consistent rain, then you’ll want to clean them at least twice per year. If you want to hire a gutter cleaning service, there are several benefits to doing so – and just as many reasons why you shouldn’t do it yourself.
Debris Clogging Your Gutters
Over time, your gutters can become clogged with all sorts of debris. This can include leaves, twigs, dirt, and even small animals. Your gutters are one of the most important parts of your home’s exterior, and they play a vital role in protecting your property from water damage. Once the gutters are completely blocked, water won’t be able to flow out of them. Instead, it will accumulate in the gutter’s channels and pool on top of the roof. The first sign that you have an issue is usually when you notice standing water on top of your roof. When this happens, it means that there is a blockage somewhere in the gutter system – most likely at the bottom where it connects to downspouts or at joints where two sections meet.
Reasons to Hire a Professional
Hiring a professional gutter cleaning company like LA Prestige Windows has many benefits:
- A professional gutter cleaner will have the right tools and equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- They will also know how to spot common issues that can lead to clogged gutters, such as leaves and twigs.
- A professional gutter cleaner will also be able to offer tips on how to keep your gutters clean in between cleanings.
- They will be able to spot any potential problems with your gutters and make repairs as needed.
- A professional gutter cleaning company will also be able to clean your gutters more thoroughly than you could on your own, preventing debris from clogging your gutters in the future.